quarta-feira, julho 26, 2006

To "The Man Who Will Rule he World"

PULP, "Like a Friend"

Don't bother saying you're sorry.
Why don't you come in?
Smoke all my cigarettes - again.
Every time I get no further.
How long has it been?
Come on in now,
Wipe your feet on my dreams.

You take up my time,
Like some cheap magazine,
When I could have been learning something.
Oh well, you know what I mean.

I've done this before.
And I will do it again.
Come on and kill me baby,while you smile like a friend.
And I'll come running,
Just to do it again.

You are the last drink I never should drunk.
You are the body hidden in the trunk.
You are the habit I can't seem to kick.
You are my secrets on the front page every week.
You are the car I never should have bought.
You are the train I never should have caught.
You are the cut that makes me hide my face.
You are the party that makes me feel my age.

Like a car crash I can see but I just can't avoid.
Like a plane I've been told I never should board.
Like a film that's so bad but I've gotta stay til the end.
Let me tell you now,
It's lucky for you that we're friends.






Some months ago, little Miss K. here has decided to fall down the stairs at 5 a.m., when everybody was having fun at Lux. Her arm was injured, so she had to go to the hospital. Since her mate was too drunk to realize it, this guy, Pedro, immediatly took her to the Emergencies and stay there with her. They were not strangers, of course, but certainly they were not friends: they had friends in common. Well, it happens that, two months later, this man has turned out to be a very special person. He always says the right words in the right times, he can be sincere 'cause he is not ashamed to show that he know what it is to suffer, he makes us laugh when he looses his Zippo, but most of all... he is always worried about his friends. He always wants to make them smile. Now that I sad and told him some stuff about my heart (you know, love and that kind of things...), he was there to listen. Again. I guess that now I can start to be one of his friends. Thank you, my dearest friend, for always making me feel like a princess, even when I'm with the blues...

3 comentários:

Anónimo disse...

pulp... um fantasma que me persegue... odeio pulp!

Anónimo disse...

day before|today|day after

terracota disse...

Só pra dizer amiga...q estou MT FELIZ por tI!